Halim El-Dabh - Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic mp3 album
|Genre:||Electronic / Audiofiles|
|Title:||Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic|
|Style:||Field Recording, Experimental|
|Date of release:||2000|
|MP3 album size:||1627 mb|
|FLAC album size:||1213 mb|
|Digital formats:||DXD DMF MP4 ASF AU MMF MP1|
Musique concrète Avantgarde avant-garde حليم الضبع Halim el Dabh.
Halim El-Dabh, then a student at Cairo, Egypt, produced this music piece using samples taken from an ancient Egyptian "Zar" ceremony.
Complete your Halim El-Dabh collection.
More By Halim El-Dabh.
Listen free to Halim El-Dabh – Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic (Electronic Fanfare, Alcibiadis' Monologue to Socrates and more).
Give Your Opinion on Crossing Into the Electric Magnetic. Staff & Contributors // Site Forum // Contact us.
Crossing into the Electric Magnetic: Best 2 songs. Halim El-Dabh - Leila Visitations Two 03:24. Halim El-Dabh: best 2 tracks. Halim El-Dabh - Fatta for Piano Piano Music of Halim El-Dabh, 2009 01:22.
Listen to Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic now. Listen to Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic in full in the this site app. Play on this site.
El-Dabh also helped introduce an "Egyptian folk sensibility" to Western avant-garde music. A definitive collection of El-Dabh's electronic work was restored by Mike Hovancsek. Crossing Into the Electric Magnetic.
Слушайте Crossing into the Electric Magnetic от Halim El-dabh на Deezer.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Featuring – Otto Luening
|2||Alcibiadis' Monologue To Socrates||2:15|
|3||Wire Recorder Piece||1:57|
|4||Michael And The Dragon||4:58|
|5||Meditation In White Sound||6:09|
|7||Element, Being, And Primeval||7:26|
|8||Electronics And The Word||2:46|
- Liner Notes, Technician [Restored], Remastered By, Edited By, Artwork By [Cover Art], Photography – Mike Hovancsek
- Producer [Original Production] – Halim El-Dabh
- Research [Additional] – David Badagnani
Notes"Historic early recordings from an electronic music pioneer."
All pieces on this CD were recorded in 1959 at the Columbia-Princeton Electronic Music Center with the following exceptions:
• Track 3 was recorded in 1944 in the Middle East Radio Station of Cairo.
• Track 9 is an excerpt from a piece that Halim recorded by walking around San Marco Basilica in Venice in 1961 with a reel-to-reel tape recorder. If you listen closely you can hear his little daughter cry out "Halim!" near the end of this excerpt.
• Track 6 is an excerpt of a piece that was recorded in a New York art gallery circa 1974. This piece is a combination of manipulated audiotape and sound sculpture.
All material © Halim El-Dabh 1944-2000.
Special thanks to David Badagnani for research and proofreading assistance.
Thanks to Denise Seachrist for additional information and for allowing us to quote her work in the liner notes.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: ATX001-23GM
|none||Halim El-Dabh||Crossing Into The Electric Magnetic (CD, Album)||Halim El-Dabh Music LLC||none||US||Unknown|