Grant Green - Solid mp3 album
|Style:||Hard Bop, Soul-Jazz|
|Date of release:||2010|
|MP3 album size:||1405 mb|
|FLAC album size:||1423 mb|
|Digital formats:||FLAC AIFF WAV AU AHX WMA XM|
This is the discography for American jazz musician Grant Green. Jimmy Forrest – All The Gin Is Gone (Delmark). Jimmy Forrest – Black Forrest (Delmark). Sam Lazar – Space Flight (Argo). Willie Dixon – Blues Roots Series, Vol. 12 (Chess). Lou Donaldson – Here 'Tis (Blue Note). Baby Face Willette – Face to Face (Blue Note). Baby Face Willette – Stop and Listen (Blue Note). Brother Jack McDuff – The Honeydripper (Prestige).
Green is once again accompanied by the Coltrane supporting team of pianist McCoy Tyner and drummer Elvin Jones, plus bassist Bob Cranshaw; this time, however, Green is also joined on the front line by James Spaulding on alto sax and Joe Henderson on tenor. Both saxophonists really seem to light a fire under the proceedings, for in comparison with the relatively subdued Matador, Solid is a bright, hard-charging affair. There's a little modal jazz, but Solid's repertoire is chiefly complex hard bop, full of challenging twists and turns that the players burn through with enthusiasm
Shop Vinyl and CDs and complete your Grant Green collection. These SRX pressings from MMJ elevate their usual superb product into the sublime category. I was sceptical MMJ could get better, but they have.
Guitar – Grant Green. Photography By – Francis Wolff. Music Matters Lt. Blue Note, Universal Music Special Markets. MM-LT-990, LT-990, B0027729-01.
Solid is an album by American jazz guitarist Grant Green featuring performances recorded in 1964 but not released on the Blue Note label until 1979. There's a little modal jazz, but Solid's repertoire is chiefly complex hard bop, full of challenging twists and turns that the players burn through with enthusiasm
Solid (Grant Green album). Studio album by Grant Green.
This full Grant Green discography is alphabetical, however you can sort Grant Green album list by any column. Note that this complete list of Grant Green releases is based on official releases and does not always include promotional-only discs, although they are listed when we have data on them
Is Solid the best album by Grant Green? BestEverAlbums. com brings together thousands of 'greatest ever album' charts and calculates an overall ranking. Grant Green - Solid - Connoisseur Series Condition: Very Good. Time left: 2d 9h 45m 51s. Ships to: Worldwide. Grant Green - Solid 180 GRAM SRX RE LP Music Matters/Blue Note SEALED Condition: New. Time left: 5d 14h 46m 42s. Grant Green – Solid - Blue Note – LT-990 NM Reissue 2009 Jazz Condition: Used. Time left: 12d 11h 25m 32s.
Grant Green is one of the great unsung heroes of jazz and probably the greatest jazz guitarist who is not a household word. Solid" is a strong dose of jazz without any frills. The playing is immaculate and clean and driving at the same time. No pussyfooting", yet repeatedly listenable. Before he fell under the spell of drugs and alcohol, Grant Green was the premier guitarist for Blue Note. This sextet featuring saxophonists Joe Henderson & James Spaulding plus Coltrane teammates MCCoy Tyner and Elvin Jones ranks second (Idle Moments also featuring Henderson is 1). Grant & company tackle tunes as diverse as George Russels "Ezzthetics" and Rollins' "Solid" with brilliance. You can't go wrong with this disc or "Idle Moments" and the quartets with Sonny Clark plus the sessions with Larry Young.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – D. Pearson*
Written-By – G. Russell*
Written-By – G. Green*
Written-By – S. Rollins*
Written-By – J. Henderson*
- Recorded At – Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
- Mastered At – AcousTech Mastering
- Lacquer Cut At – AcousTech Mastering
- Pressed By – Record Technology Incorporated – 18829
- Manufactured By – EMI Music Special Markets
- Copyright (c) – Music Matters Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – EMI Music Special Markets
- Alto Saxophone – James Spaulding
- Bass – Bob Cranshaw
- Design [Reissue Cover Design] – Chris Mousdale
- Drums – Elvin Jones
- Engineer [Remix] – Tony Sestanovich
- Guitar – Grant Green
- Liner Notes – Michael Cuscuna
- Mastered By – Kevin Gray, Steve Hoffman
- Photography By [Uncredited] – Francis Wolff
- Piano – McCoy Tyner
- Producer [Original Session] – Alfred Lion
- Reissue Producer – Michael Cuscuna
- Remix – Rudy Van Gelder
- Tenor Saxophone – Joe Henderson
NotesMastered from the original Blue Note stereo master tapes at AcousTech Mastering. Pressed on 180 gram virgin vinyl at RTI. Features a laminated gatefold sleeve with original session photos. Limited to 2500 copies.
Recorded on June 12, 1964.
Originally released in 1979 on Blue Note Records as LT-990. Reissue album cover art © 2010 Music Matters Ltd.
℗ 2010 EMI Music Special Markets. Additional design © 2010 Music Matters Ltd. Manufactured by EMI Music Special Markets. Printed in the U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Other (Side A & B Label): 509996-27610-1-7
- Other (Side C & D Label): 509996-27611-1-6
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Etching): MM LT-990-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Etching): MM LT-990-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Etching): MM LT-990-C
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Etching): MM LT-990-D
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Pressing Plant Etching): 18829.1...
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Pressing Plant Etching): 18829.2...
- Matrix / Runout (Side C Pressing Plant Etching): 18829.3...
- Matrix / Runout (Side D Pressing Plant Etching): 18829.4...
- Matrix / Runout (Mastering Engineers' Initials/Mastering Facility Initials Etching On All Sides): KPG & SH @ ATM
|LT-990||Grant Green||Solid (LP, Album)||Blue Note||LT-990||US||1979|
|MM-LT-990, LT-990, B0027729-01||Grant Green||Solid (LP, Album, Ltd, RE, S/Edition, 180)||Music Matters Ltd., Blue Note, Universal Music Special Markets||MM-LT-990, LT-990, B0027729-01||US||2019|
|B1 7243 8 33580 1 4, B1-33580||Grant Green||Solid (LP, Album, Ltd, RE)||Blue Note, Blue Note||B1 7243 8 33580 1 4, B1-33580||US||1995|
|31C 052 82954||Grant Green||Solid (LP, Album)||Blue Note||31C 052 82954||Brazil||1980|
|LBR 1023||Grant Green||Solid (LP, Album)||Blue Note||LBR 1023||UK||1979|